Newcomers 6 week half hour intro meetings
Time & Location
About the Event
- Disease of addiction and the impact on the family
- Discussion of Step 1, stressing that we are not responsible for the addict’s behaviour.
Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over the addict - that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Continue discussion of Step 1.
- Living One Day at a Time
- Review of Step 1
- Discussion of the Slogans
- Discussion of Step 2
- Discuss Serenity Prayer
Step 2: Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Discussion of Step Three
- Understanding myself, letting go of my fears, resentments and self-pity.
Step 3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood Him
- Member’s role in the group.
- Selecting a sponsor.
- Discuss the importance of selecting a home group and attending as many meetings as possible.